Painting Contractors Tyler TX
Exterior Painting Services
Get the best exterior painter in Tyler, TX. Choosing the right exterior paint or texture for your home can be a tough decision. The exterior paint is so important because it is the face of your house. If it is a new house, you would probably consider a lot of factors like the structure of the house and more to choose the color. There would be other factors like the climate in your area that affect the type of paint you should choose. If you’re planning to give a makeover to your old house, let us help! Choosing an all new color can make your home look good as new.
Choosing the color of your exterior paint
Choosing the actual color of the exterior paint is more of a personal preference, but there are few things you might want to consider:
- The first thing would be any restrictions on the paint schemes allowed by your owners association. There might be certain bylaws dictating the color to choose for the exterior. If that is the case, you aren’t left with much choice.
- The structure of your building- not all colors go well with all types of houses. Try figuring out which color works best for the architectural design of your house.
- Location of your house- Depending on how far from the road your house is, how the neighboring houses appear, how much of vegetation covers your house and more, choose the colors. You could choose colors that make your house stand out or ones that make it almost inconspicuous.
- And finally- it boils down to personal preference. Even if your owners association doesn’t allow all colors for the exterior, there could still be different shades you could choose from.
Types of exterior paint
The two major types of paints available are oil based paints and latex based paints.
Water based paints:
They have better longevity. The color retention property of the water based latex paints is also good. They don’t crack easily and they retain their good looks for years. They dry up easily and so the second coat could be applied within a few hours. Latex paints that come with acrylic binders would be an even better choice because of their flexibility and durability. They don’t flake or peel.
Oil based paints:
The oil based paints are known for their better adhesion to the below surface. This makes them durable. The only downside is that over time, oil based paints might oxidize making them brittle. This might lead to cracks. However, if you have an exterior surface that chalks, oil based paints would be a better choice.
Choosing the type of paint would depend on a lot of factors. The main one would the type of surface on which you are going to use the paint. Still confused, approach the best painter Tyler TX. They would be able to evaluate your house and suggest the right type of paint for you.
Remember these while choosing your exterior paints:
- Quality matters: Choosing a paint just because it is less expensive would not be a good choice if you have to compromise on the quality. A high-quality paint, though expensive might turn out to be more durable. This would mean that you would not have to repaint our house for several coming years, making it a more economical choice. Remember that exterior paint is the first thing that people notice about your house – investing on a good quality exterior paint is very important.
- Consider the weather: Remember that the weather should neither be too sunny nor too rainy. The paint does need its drying time.
- Paint swatches aren’t sufficient: Paint swatches can help you choose the shade. But, how the color exactly looks on your house and how it looks at different times of the day would be difficult to figure out with a paint swatch. Get a small area painted with the chosen color and see how it appears under the sunlight and under various weather conditions.
- Choose the right shades: Your exterior colors would include not just the wall colors, but also the color of your roof, the doors, windows, frames and more. So choose different shades and the right combination of colors that work well.
Choosing the best paint contractor Tyler, TX:
Exterior painting is a lot of work. The right paint contractor can make your work easy.
What should I look for in a paint contractor near me? This is one doubt probably coming up in your mind because the right painting contractor can give your house the perfect makeover you want.
1. Experience in the field:
Choose a painter with enough experience in the field. The company, which has a skilled team that has successfully completed several projects would be a great choice. You would be able to leave the exterior painting work in their hands and sit back with confidence.
2. Work quality:
Look for a painting service company that warranties their work. Verify if the company is reliable and offers a good quality work. Check out the type of paints they use and the durability as well. Also, when you are repainting an old house, they should also be careful in not damaging the landscape and the nearby structures while repainting the exteriors. So choose a company that has done quality work for several previous customers.
Though you should never compromise on the quality over pricing, take a list and choose the company that offers the best value for money. If a company has relatively high priced services but offers proven longevity of the paints, then that would be a better option.
4. Time taken for the project:
Also check with the company for the total time they would require to complete the project.
5. Feedback from previous customers:
Look for feedback from previous customers. You would be able to get an idea about a lot of things like the quality of work done, the skill levels of the team, the customer experience, the time taken for project completion and more.
When you choose a paint contractor in Tyler, TX, remember to look into their previous projects, gather feedback from the previous customers, consider the pricing and then make your decision.